Written by Bear
Parent Category: Recipes
Category: Sauces and Gravy
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups ketchup
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- ¾ cup fancy molasses
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke
- ½ tsp. Frank's Red Hot Sauce (add more if you like it spicy)
- ½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- In medium sized heavy sauce pan combine ½ cup Jack Daniel's, onion and garlic. Saute until onions are translucent (about 8 minutes).
- In separate bowl combine all other ingredients.
- Add to saucepan, bring to slow boil, then reduce heat and simmer on low heat uncovered for 20-30 minutes.
- Stir in 1 tbsp. Jack Daniel's and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Brush onto the meat, poultry, seafood of your choice for grilling.